Our big cooking nights are usually Tuesday and Friday, and I try to make enough leftovers to last us an extra day or two. I usually begin thinking about Tuesday’s meals by the start of the weekend, and by Sunday night have some idea, if not a recipe of what I will make. Come Tuesday morning of last week, I had nothing. So before Noah went to work, he suggested just making something in the slow cooker. So, I looked up some recipes and chili was the winner! This meal took about 15-20 minutes (amazing!) to prepare and it was absolutely delicious!
Magical Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, diced (seeded optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans tomato puree (next time I’ll use diced tomatoes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 bottle beer
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
- Place the beef in a slow cooker, and mix in onion, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, tomato, kidney beans, black beans, jalapeno and beer. Season with chili powder, cumin, parsley, salt, basil, oregano, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low (4 hours is probably fine, too).