I think this is the second time I’ve ever made lamb. This was really good!
4 lbs lamb breast, separated into two pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried Italian herbs (oregano, thyme, basil)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Whisk olive oil, salt, cumin, black pepper, dried Italian herbs, cinnamon, coriander, and paprika in a large bowl until combined.
- Coat each lamb breasts in the olive oil and spice mixture and transfer to a roasting pan, fat side up.
- Tightly cover roasting pan with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven until the meat is tender when pierced with a fork, about 2 hours.
- Remove lamb from oven and cut into four pieces.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place lamb pieces on it. Brush the tops of each piece with fat drippings from the roasting pan.
- Bake lamb until meat is browned and edges are crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped parsley, vinegar, fresh lemon juice, garlic, honey, red pepper flakes, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Increase the oven’s broiler to high and brown lamb for 4 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Serve lamb topped with parsley and vinegar sauce.
Mushroom Mashed Potatoes
6 yukon or red potatoes, quartered
3 tbsp butter
1 medium onion, diced
6 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sour cream
Boil potatoes until soft, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, saute onions and mushrooms until tender.
Mash with a potato masher (or bottom of a drinking glass).
Add onions, mushrooms and remaining ingredients and stir into mashed potatoes.
Garlic Green Beans
Good, but was missing something. Next time I think I’ll add sliced almonds or something.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb green beans, trimmed
2 cloves garlic, sliced salt, to taste
Blanch the green beans: Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Add green beans. Cook green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and run cold water over the beans.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic. Once garlic is fragrant, add the beans and salt and saute.